How to Vote In the State of Ohio and Hamilton County
Voting is am important right that each of us have as U.S citizens. There is a process to voting and a few things you must do before you can vote. This article is provided to help you understand what needs to be done to become a voter in the state Ohio and in Hamilton County, Ohio. It is also been created to encourage you and every registered voter to get out and exercise one of your most important rights as a citizen. That is your right to vote!
What are the qualifications to register and to vote in Ohio?
You are qualified to register to vote in Ohio if you meet all the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of the United States;
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the next general election (the election held every November is the general election);
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote;
- You are not incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state, or the United States;
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court; and
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violating the election laws.
You are eligible to vote in elections held in your voting precinct 30 days after you are duly registered to vote in this state. You may request an absentee ballot during that 30 day period.
Voter Registration Form
In order to make the registration process easier, we have provided the pdf form for voter registration from the Hamilton County website. This form may be filled out online. You may also choose to print the form and fill it our by hand, but it has to be submitted back in to the Hamilton County board of Elections.
Please read all instructions carefully.
After the form is filled in and printed, sign it and mail to: Hamilton County Board of Elections, 824 Broadway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202.
NOTE: Your voter registration form for new registration or change of name or address must be received by the board of elections or the Secretary of State no later than the voter registration deadline, the 30th day before the election at which you want to vote.
** This information is courtesy of the Hamilton County Website